Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This post sucks

It has been well over a month now since Andrea and I last spoke. Per our agreement I sat around anxious and nervous that she would call or text me. She didn't. For the next few days I found myself pretty disappointed. I really didn't want us to get back together, I don't think. I just wasn't quite prepared for her to actually move on. Over the past couple days though, I have thought about it. I'm glad she has moved on I hope it's because she has met someone and that she is happy.

Still I find myself comparing other girls I get close to, to Andrea.

Sanders and I spent the entire weekend together. She got in on Friday night. We went and saw a movie. Before the movie started Sanders says, "So who's legs are more attractive? Mine, Renee's, or Hot Becca's?" I'm pretty sure the look on my face was priceless, I knew instantly that somehow she had seen who I sent the texts too from the night before besides her. I knew this because I had saved Becca's number in my phone under "Hot Becca". "Wha--?" I started to say as she smacked me accross the chest. "You think I'm stupid?" She laughed "Don't be sending me the same texts you send your other girls." I started to try and dig myself out of the whole I was in but she continued to interupt me. "Didn't you know that we can see who else a text is sent to now?" She seemed like she was less upset than she was baffled at my ignorance.

I explained that I did not in fact know that. If you send a mass text to some people depending on their service and the type of phone they have they can see all of the recipients that you sent that text too besides them. My phone with AT&T did not show anyone who a text was sent too. Lisa was with Sprint, who apparently added the feature 6-9 months ago. I have since found out that people with T-Mobile can also see the other recipients. I'm sure there are more and that it depends on the type of phone one has... but this is very important information that I have thus far been unable to discover anything about on the internet. Beware.

So Lisa and I chatted for a bit about my mass text and I quickly brought up Beau and my awkward little introduction. She said something rather profound I think, something that makes me like her even more. "Look Jake, I like you, that's obvious, and I am happy to compete because I expect the kind of guy that I would like to be liked by others. If there weren't other girls trying for your attention I probably wouldn't be interested." I thought she was getting at the thrill of competition, but when I brought that up she countered, "No, I don't want to compete. I just recognize that that is part of dating, especially when I want to date the good ones. It stands to reason that everyone else will want to good ones too." It was like she had flipped a switch on in my mind. She was right. She was smart.

She further made the point that she just expected me to be honest with her and made me promise not to share any more of her texts with my other girls. I promised her I would. Then I remember thinking that she was forward and communicated really well just like Andrea.

I'm sorry that this post sucks. It's not funny and hardly informative. I had so much to write too. We hung out most all of Saturday, and Sunday. I had a funny story to tell about President Monson showing up at a rest home Ward Lisa and I went too. Also an interesting exchange that Becca and I had which pretty much ensures I'll never talk to her again... all of that and this is the garbege I come up with.

My excuse is the same as every other 20 something student. Finals. Calvin is asleep and can't even proofread this for me because he has a huge test early tomorrow morning. I have my share of studying and testing to do this week too so this is all you get for now.

Jake

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really, REALLY should have found someone, ANYONE to proof read this before you posted.

Kaitlyn said...

Up until this time have you really thought of yourself as anything less than a "good one". To me that's crazy because I think you're awesome! Give yourself a little bit of credit!! :D

Kelly said...

Not such a bad post. They don't all have to be funny. What I find a bit interesting here though is that you promised her you wouldn't share her texts with other girls you are dating, but you will probably still share them on your blog.... When and if you ever do find Miss Right you may be shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to posting all the details online. Honesty is pretty important to the 'good ones.' Just think about it.

Jade said...

Jake this wasn't a bad post at all. I liked it because it seemed like you showed how you were feeling when you wrote it.

Good luck on finals, for both you and Calvin, can't wait to hear the rest of your stories!

me said...

Hindsight is 20/20 your pain will only intensify when you see andrea somewhere with some lucky guy.....
but she wasnt the one for you.....

Unknown said...

I like Sanders. A lot

Good luck on Finals! I know I will not be updating all week (Unless of course it is to efficiently avoid the homework i have left to do).

TechieGirl said...

Know the finals pain. Good luck man.

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

I think Sanders is a keeper. She is willing to look past the mass text and forgive you for it, even with it blowing up in your face.

So rock on with her. Maybe soon you won't be a bachelor.

Anonymous said...

Why is Sanders bringing up trust when she totally lied to you about being on a date that one time? I still think she is really cool though.

p.s. Now I know why I like Calvin more. He knows the difference between "to" and "too". :)

Nate said...

Funny that she upped her flirtation after the mass text (assuming she recognized immediately she wasn't the only recipient). That's when she started talking about being in the tub, shaving her legs, etc. She raised her game - so the question is are you going to raise yours?

Katie said...

finals are horrid... but i think that lisa is better anyways... good luck with your tests!

Anonymous said...

Yes it does... Yes it does.

Oh, and good luck with finals.

-S

alex said...

Just remember that this post sucked and you have to tell us all that other cool stuff that you mentioned in your second to last paragraph.
I'm glad Sanders gave you crap about the texting, it was funny.

The best part about finals is that the end is finally in sight.

Rachael said...

boo i want to hear why Becca hates you now! wait, finals? you're in college? and you can't spell "garbege?" kidding! well, not really, but im not a hater like the others.

Autumn said...

Jake this wasn't too bad of a post. They all don't have to be funny. My last one was one huge rant and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I actually kind of enjoyed this! Good luck on your finals. I wish you and Calvin luck. :]

Ashley Eliza said...

hey i've just recently started to read your blog. love it. you guys are too funny. if you guys ever want a free photoshoot i'd love to do one.. email me @ ashley.shippen@gmail.com my photography blog is www.ashleyelizaphotography.blogspot.com xoxo

Valen Hunter said...

So if you are comparing Sanders to Andrea, does this mean you may not be good enough for Sanders either? She must have had a big impact on you if you are comparing girls to her. Which makes me wonder why, if you are looking for someone like Andrea, then why don't you just be with Andrea, I think you took her for granted. Maybe I am just interpreting this post all wrong. I'm glad I'm not in the dating scene, trying to figure guys out anymore.

Ryan Hadlock said...

yeah, this post sucked. :-D

Anonymous said...

Way confused... Is Sanders actually Lisa??? I think you slipped and didn't stick to the code names

The King's said...

The only part of this post that sucks is that you didn't tell us everything else and left us hanging! So brutal Jake ;)

-A.

Declarations of a Drama Diva said...

Wow... Sanders is a keeper and apparently likes you a lot. I would probably get really pissed off if I found out what you did... Remember when you start to date other girls how awesome this girl is! wow... now I'm lecturing.... sorry.... lol

Sadly according to my theory of "Mat's Law" you probably won't even choose her... I'll be interested in the results of all of this.

Tiffany said...

You know you did not have to stop. There is really not word limit when it comes to blogs. You are such a tease. Now I am dying to hear "the rest of the story..." You better not disappoint.

Oh well I understand...finals and all...at least I got a stinkin post huh. I kinda crave them.

Chelsea said...

I'm currently using MBP as a way to NOT study for my two finals tomorrow. Stupid finals...

Tyler & Nicole said...

Not bad at all. Way better than a few of the last posts. ESPECIALLY since it is finals. FINALS suck! In fact, I should be studying not reading your post. Anyway, Good luck with yours.

Allison said...

You guys are so funny, and your WRITING (not yourself :D) is so mature, that I totally forgot you guys were still in school! Good luck with your Finals!

And I like Sanders. She has a good head on her shoulders, and she's nice. (hint hint). :D

Megan said...

Wow, I read you Sanders Supplemental and I don't think I realized that you rate Sanders on the LOS at a 6 or 6.5... yet you like her this much.

Very interesting Jake.

Unknown said...

So... you stopped because you were tired? Or because you had to study? or what?

Because honestly Jake, I could read what you write for ever. I never think your posts are too long They are all just awesome - even this one.

BossLyrics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BossLyrics said...

Sanders is a genius.

Scream it from the rooftops!

YOU HAVE TO COMPETE FOR MR/MRS RIGHT! IF YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE WHO HAS NO OTHER OPTIONS THEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM.

(sigh) Marry her Jake.

Amanda said...

This blog really is like watching a horrifying train wreck, but of course I can't stop reading it now. So thank you?

If anything it gives me insight as to what twenty-something mormon guys are really thinking most of the time.

Bonnie said...

So you don't think becca and ... who ever the other girl was know that you were playing them at the same time? I think girls really do know when they're being played, but most really don't care... I know I didn't! I just wanted attention... haha.

Kristen K said...

Really liking Sanders still... and finals are LAME. :P

alice said...

Calvin, you're genius!

Ps go make out with Sanders now, kk?
Good
Love, Lyse

alice said...

Ps I meant jake.

anna said...

this post isn't as crappy as you think. it's okay to be honest. and i actually love the fact that you got caught at your stupid mass texts. sometimes i love how immature you guys are. and then other times i wish you would all just grow up. however, i realize that once you all grow up, there will be no entertainment value left in this blog. so, thanks for being you. you are awesome.

p.s. sanders seems awesome. don't be a stupid douche.