Saturday, August 1, 2009

Standards... The "Double" kind.

I remember sitting in Priesthood Meeting when I was in Ireland. The Elders Quorum President would stand up and chastise... literally berate, the entire quorum for failing to do their Home Teaching. I distinctly remember thinking, "Here I am! Serving the Lord 24 hours a day, seven days a week... and these tossers can't go visit two families a month?!?!" I never said anything aloud, but I was astounded that the elders quorum would be so lax in their service to the Lord.

Now that I've been home from my mission for a few months, I completely understand. I think I've done my home teaching twice since I've been home. I've just got so much else going on. It makes me glad that I didn't say anything to the Elders in Ireland. They'd probably have head-butted me while tipping over my mission bike and setting it on fire... helmet and all.

I've gotten three messages from the Stake Executive Secretary this week. I haven't called him back and I'm feeling a bit guilty. The only reason he'd be calling is to schedule an appointment for me to meet with someone from the stake about a calling. Regardless of what the calling is, I don't think I'm worthy. I've got too much on my mind right now to worry about a calling anyway. I've still got Amy and Carla to deal with. I'm leaning toward Amy... mostly because she laughs at pretty much everything I say. And she has an adorable laugh. Carla is fun, but she has a lot of freckles. I normally really like freckles, but Carla's freckles aren't the cute kind. They're the not cute kind. And she has really small top teeth. It looks like they might be baby teeth... even though she's 20. When I see them, it gives me a pee shiver.

I know it might seem shallow that I get so hung up on looks, but I think attraction is a very important part of a relationship. But only from my end. I don't think girls should focus on looks at all. They should notice my personality and ignore my average-looking... looks.

Calvin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok i KNOW this blog is fake. It has to be. Expose your true selves, fictional blog authors! There is no way this is for real!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I just read this whole thing it's awesome. However I'm not reading another post until I find out if it's real or not!

Fess up, everyone wants to know.

Anonymous said...

just sounds to me like its a bunch of guys... thinking like guys. not necessarily fake. though if it is, dang good acting my friend, i applaud you.

Anonymous said...

Michelina's Frozen Dinners... ha ha ha, nice touch.

Kellsi said...

Question...Why is it that you don't think girls should focus on your looks and should only think about your personality and etc. but yet you have every right to be picky about theirs? Just wondering...

sarah said...

hahahahaha SO FAKE.

If you and jake arent attractive you really cant be picky..